I love books. and my favorite type of book is undoubtedly a cookbook. There’s something so hopeful about opening a new cookbook. By turning that first page, you are opening yourself up to the incredible possibility of discovering a recipe that might find its way onto your family’s table. You might even find a recipe that will become a family tradition, living on for years to come.
See, I can get excited just writing about cookbooks. Maybe that is why I was so happy to be asked to participate in the 2013 Cookbook Collection Giveaway with a group of my blogging friends. We have been working together to assemble an incredible collection of our favorite cookbooks to give away on our blogs. One lucky reader will start the New Year with a collection of nine new cookbooks valued at more than $200! The blogs participating in the giveaway and their favorite cookbooks are:
- Fresh Eggs Daily Blog is sharing Macaroons by Parragon Books
- Brighton Park Blog is sharing La Tartine Gourmande: Recipes for an Inspired Life
- Katie’s Language Cafe is sharing Mastering the Art of French Cooking, 50th Anniversary Edition by Julia Child
- Mad Mad Me is sharing The Joy Of Cooking, 75th Anniversary Edition
- Tikkido Blog is sharing 50 Easy Party Cakes by Debbie Brown
- 1840 Farm is sharing Local Flavors by Deborah Madison
- The Slow Roasted Italian is sharing The Flavor Bible
- Blessed Beyond a Doubt is sharing Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: 700 Great Slow Cooker Recipes
- Mindfully Frugal Mom is sharing Weelicious: 140 Fast, Fresh, and Easy Recipes by Catherine McCord
The cookbook I am sharing is one of my favorites. Local Flavors includes delicious recipes that celebrate local produce at its seasonal best. As a person who proudly raises much of the food that graces our family table, I appreciate a cookbook that appreciates the beauty of simple, rustic food made from locally produced ingredients.
I hope that you will enter for a chance to win the cookbook collection. There are 18 different ways for you to enter, including two from 1840 Farm. Good luck to all who enter. I have my fingers crossed that a member of The 1840 Farm Online Community will be the big winner!